I welcome guest posts. If you want to write for Musicaroo, I’d love to have you! But I only accept high quality articles that provide value to my readers. In return, you can include one or two dofollow links back to your site (subject to approval, of course, i.e. no spammy sites).
Here’s what I’m looking for in a guest post
- Your article must be well-written and relevant to one of the music-related categories on my site (see below for the type of content I’m looking for)
- It must be 100% original and not copied or slightly changed from somewhere else
- Please read a few of my articles to understand my writing style
- There is no minimum or maximum word count; it should be as long as needed to thoroughly cover the topic
- Must contain no more than two links to your site
- Must contain at least 2 additional outbound links to other authoritative sites (not Wikipedia)
- Must contain at least 3 links to other relevant posts on Musicaroo
- Must not contain any affiliate or selling links
- Please provide at least one photo (more is better) that is less than 150 kb in size
- Include attribution with each photo
- Please include a relevant Youtube video
- Please use headings and short paragraphs for readability (H2 tags for main headings and H3 and H4 tags for subheadings)
- Please cite any sources you used to gather information
- The best way to submit the article is by email as a .txt file in html format (so you can write it in your wordpress editor, then click on the ‘text’ tab and copy the contents to a .txt file)
Your guest post should cover one of the following broad topics
- Music business (promotion, selling, etc)
- Music Production
These types of posts work well
“How To” Post
With this type of post, you show the readers how to solve a specific problem or tackle a specific task step-by-step. Use lots of photos and examples wherever possible. Readers of “how to” articles are looking for a very specific solution. They key is to provide it.
Here are two examples of “how to” posts:
This type of article answers a specific question the reader has. The article should answer the question thoroughly and provide all the necessary information. It should also anticipate any additional questions the reader might have, so that he or she get everything they need from this one article.
Here are two examples of question posts:
Numbered List Post
This article type consists of a numbered list that serves as a quick reference guide for anyone seeking information on the topic. This type of post can also be for pure entertainment, as in “The 5 Best (or worst) Songs of 2017”, for example. Each item in the list should include a brief description.
Here is an example of a list post:
Other Types Of Articles
I have found the 3 article types above to do very well, but I am open to other types of content as well. The main criteria is always: does it provide value to the reader? If it does, chances are I’ll accept it.
How to submit a guest post
If you have the expertise and are willing to create an outstanding article for Musicaroo’s audience, send me an email with 2-3 topic ideas to: firstname.lastname@example.org (or use the contact form here). Please include the words “Guest Post” in the subject line. I will get back to you within a few days.
By submitting an article, you give up all rights to that article and you may not reprint it elsewhere.
Note: I get a ton of proposals that include no info (i.e. “I want to guest post” and nothing more) or that propose an article that has nothing to do with my site and makes it clear they haven’t read a single article.
I will not waste my time responding to such proposals. Please save your time as well and don’t even send them.